The AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G is a lens that makes the most of advanced optical design technologies long cultivated by Nikon to achieve high reproduction capability of point light sources even at the maximum aperture, and natural depth of subjects utilizing smooth and beautiful bokeh characteristics. With shooting of distant night landscapes, the lens minimizes the sagittal coma flare that makes a point light source look like a bird with its wings spread to render point light sources as sharp points with no distortion or fringes across the entire frame, even at maximum aperture, for clear and crisp night landscape shots.
In addition, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G renders subjects impressively with beautiful bokeh that moderately changes as the distance from the sharply focused point increases for natural depth that makes near human subjects or still objects appear more three dimensional.
What's more, despite being a fast lens, not only is light falloff controlled for natural brightness across the entire frame, even at the maximum aperture of f/1.4, for sharp rendering of objects at infinity, but adoption of Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces flare and ghost.
This single lens responds to the demands of professional and advanced amateur photographers looking to achieve the images they intend with all types of photos, from night landscapes to impressive photos utilizing bokeh.
- A fast normal lens with a focal length of 58mm and maximum aperture of f/1.4 that utilizes advanced optical design technologies
- Minimization of sagittal coma flare for high reproduction capability of point light sources as sharp points across the entire frame
- Sharp, high-resolution images can be reproduced even at the maximum aperture
- Original lens characteristics that provide natural depth reproduction with which the degree of bokeh moderately changes as the distance from the sharply focused point increases
- Controlled light falloff retains natural brightness across the entire frame even at the maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces flare and ghost
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G Lens
- 72mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- HB-68 Bayonet Lens Hood
- CL-1015 Soft Lens Case
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
|Focal length||58 mm|
|Lens construction||9 elements in 6 groups (including 2 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with a Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|Angle of view (diagonal)||40°50' (with Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras)
27°20' (with Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras)
|Focusing||Autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor with separate focus ring for manual focus|
|Minimum focus distance||0.58 m (1.90 ft) from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.13x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||72 mm|
|Dimensions||Approx. 85 mm (maximum diameter) x 70 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approx. 385 g (13.6 oz)|