- Available in Toronto
- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
The Hoya Digital Filter Kit offers everything you need to get started with your outdoor shooting.
UV filters are wise initial investments. They help protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs. This filter is multi-coated.
Circular Polarizer Filter
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Neutral Density Filter
Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. They enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Speaking generally, the 2-stop value (ND 4x) effectively compensates average situations.
Hoya is one of the largest manufacturers of glass in the filter industry. In collaboration with its parent company, Tokina Optical, Hoya continues to strive to produce some of the best glass on the market. Currently, they hold 40% of the world's market for optical glass.
Note! Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras without problems)
- Hoya filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- If desired they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- 2x = ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- 4x = ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- 8x = ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
Hoya filters consistently provide even colour all the way through the filter; all surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
Even non-multi-coated Hoya filters have one layer of anti-reflective coating applied to each surface of the glass; Hoya's single layer coating decreases light reflection off the surface from approx. 9% to an average of 4-5%
- 52mm UV Filter
- 52mm Circular Polarizer
- 52mm Neutral Density 8 Filter
|Type||Digital Filter Kit|
|Grade||UV: Not Applicable
Circular Polarizer: Not Applicable
Neutral Density: 8 (3-stops)
|Filter Factor||UV: Not Applicable
Circular Polarizer: Between 2.3 and 2.8 (approx. +1.3 stops)
Neutral Density: Reduces ISO to 1/8
|Multi-Coated||ONLY The UV is multi-coated|
|Rotating||ONLY the circular polarizer|
|Effect||UV: Reduces excessive blue; cuts through haze and can improve image clarity; protects front element of lens
Circular Polarizer: Removes reflections and increases color saturation without affecting the overall colour balance
Neutral Density: ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film, they have no affect on colour balance
|Application||Outdoor, nature and landscape photography|
|Front Filter Thread Size||62mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||62mm|
Questions & Answers
Hoya 62mm Digital Filter Kit 2 - UV, PL-CIR, Neutral Density 8x, Pouch
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.