- Toronto Available for Order
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
High-performance X-Y stereo condenser mics
The directional condenser microphones equipped on the TM-2X are the same mics used in our highly-regarded DR-series recorders. The X-Y pattern and two mic capsules are ideal for capturing a true representation of the sonic atmosphere, whether it's sound from a wide area or directly in front of the camera. As a result, the TM-2X records pristine sound that fits naturally with the recorded video.
Delivers high audio quality and the capacity to handle high sound pressures
We have consistently utilized our expertise in developing recording devices that focus on the design of the analog circuits behind the mic capsules. As a result, the TM-2X achieves a high performance rating and a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz. Furthermore, we designed the TM-2X with the capacity to handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL to prevent distortion even in loud scenarios.
Built-in stereo mini plug output can be connected directly to the camera mic input for simple setup
Setup is as simple as connecting the cord from the TM-2X to the camera's mic input jack allowing you to add high-quality audio to video. The output can be set to one of two levels to enable compatibility with a variety of cameras.
Floating structure reduces handling noise
The floating support structure underneath the mics absorbs unwanted handling noise and sounds from cameras' mechanics.
Noise isolation arm to reduce lens operation noise included
When capturing video using changeable auto-focus lenses, the sounds produced from the lens itself can disrupt and interfere with recordings. In situations where this noise is a problem, you can reduce the interruptions by using the included noise isolation arm. The noise isolation arm physically increases the distance from the noise source to reduce its capture. The structure of the arm, including its length and height, was developed through extensive testing.
On-board Low-cut filter eliminates unwanted low frequencies
The unit includes an on-board low-cut filter to cut out low-frequency background noise. Depending on the video recording scenario, you can choose to turn this feature on or off (LOW CUT/FLAT).
Furry windscreen to reduce wind noise
When filming outdoors, even a slight breeze can enter the mic and cause wind noise. This unit comes with a furry windscreen that can physically prevent this noise from occurring. Wind noise can be reduced by simply covering the mic unit with this windscreen.
Features at a Glance
- Directional stereo condenser microphone in an X-Y configuration
- Designed with the capacity to easily handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL
- Floating support structure used to reduce handling noise
- Included noise isolation arm to reduce lens operation noise
- Low-cut filter to eliminate any unwanted low frequencies
- Included furry windscreen
- Two-stage output level adjustment switch ensures compatibility with a variety of cameras
- Vari-angle microphone structure allows 180º rotation for optimal mic placement
- Included shoe adapter (ISO/JIS specification compliant) can be attached to the camera accessory shoe
- Tripod mounting threads enable the unit to be attached to a camera tripod
- 33cm connection cord supports connections in a variety of manners
- Lightweight design (75 g) that won't interrupt camera balance or handling
- Stereo mini-plug output jack
- Operates on plug-in power from the connected unit
- Tascam TM-2X Stereo XY Condenser DSLR Microphone
- Furry Windscreen
- Noise Isolation Arm
- Owner's Manual
|Frequency range||50Hz to 20kHz|
|Input output ratings|
|Maximum input level||120dB SPL (at 1kHz, SENS:H, LCF=Flat, RL:2.2kΩ, Vcc:2.5V)|
|Output impedance||1.6k ohms (RL:2.2kΩ, Vcc:2.5V)|
|S/N ratio||74dB (at 1kHz, 1Pa, A weighted)|
|Mic sensitivity switch||SENS H:-37dB, SENS L:-52dB
(at 1kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa, RL:2.2kΩ, Vcc:2.5V)
|Plug||3.5 mm (1/8'") TRS stereo mini plug
(Tip: left channel, Ring: right channel, Sleeve: GND)
|Power||Plug-in power (JEITA standard CP-1203A)|
|TM-2X main unit||57(W)×59(H)×69(D)mm(not including cable and connectors)|
|Noise isolation arm||34(W)×57(H)×142(D)mm|
|TM-2X main unit||75g|
|Noise isolation arm||41g|
|Operating temerature||-5 to 45°C
23 to 142°F
|Accessories||Fur windscreen, noise isolation arm, Owner's Manual, warranty|
Questions & Answers
Tascam TM-2X XY Stereo Cardioid Mic for DSLR
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.