- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
The Shure KSM137 is an end-address condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM137 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording musical instruments.
- A highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
- Performance Characteristics
Extended frequency response
Low self noise
Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
High output level
No crossover distortion
Uniform polar response
Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM137 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM137 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
Questions & Answers
Shure KSM137/SL - Pair Stereo Mike
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.