- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Lease this for: $1,062.00 Learn More
CN-E31.5-95MM T1.7 L
The Flex Zoom series of lenses from Canon has been designed for outstanding optical performance, rendering beautiful and natural images. The breathtaking image quality is ideal for 8K and 4K productions. Available in EF and PL mount options and designed for use on Super 35mm cameras, the Flex Zoom lens offers a constant maximum T-stop value of 1.7 across the entire zoom range. Advanced Lens Metadata Support includes Cooke /i Technology™ and Zeiss eXtended Data™ protocols on PL mount models.
- 8K Optical Performance with Canon Cinema EOS Color Science
- Constant T1.7 throughout the zoom range
- Designed for Super 35mm Cameras
- Advanced Lens Metadata Support
- Available in EF Mount or PL Mount Options
- PL Mount supports Cooke/i Technology™ and Zeiss eXtended Data
- Cinema Style Operability
- User-swappable full-frame relay unit (sold separately)
8K Optical Performance with Canon Cinema EOS Colour Science
The lenses produce superb colour rendition and detail, with sharp images from the center to the outer edges, rated for 8K HDR capture. An 11-blade aperture creates soft, beautiful bokeh and stunning depth-of-field falloff, while an internal focusing system delivers minimized focus breathing and excellent parfocal performance. The lenses render the beautiful and warm colour tones synonymous with Canon's cinema lens family.
- Canon's advanced optical technology and lens coatings have combined to achieve 8K optical performance through the zoom range. Various types of aberrations have been corrected to achieve beautiful imagery from the center of the image out to all edges.
- All of Canon's cinema lenses have been designed with a consistent warm colour balance that expresses skin tones beautifully, making them ideal for capturing subject textures. Colour reproduction is also consistent when lenses are interchanged, which can help reduce post-production work.
- HDR video offers an expanded tonal range that represents the visual expression close to its natural image. Our 8K-compatible chromatic aberration correction reduces colour bleeding, and the light-shielding design and optimized coatings reduce ghosting and flaring.
- The inner focus system reduces focus breathing, giving greater stability to framing a shot.
- The 11-blade iris gives the lenses a natural bokeh effect that is almost circular from maximum to the minimum aperture. The odd number of blades diffuse the glow of high luminance subjects for softer imaging.
Constant T1.7 throughout the zoom range
The CN-E14-35MM T1.7 L S / SP and CN-E31.5-95MM T1.7 L S / SP offer a constant maximum T-stop value of T1.7 across the zoom range. Large aperture lenses allow for more light to reach the sensor, and the light transmission remains constant throughout the zoom range. With consistent light throughout the zoom range offered by both lenses, these two are a great pair for high-quality results no matter the production.
Advanced Lens Metadata Support
The Flex Zoom series lenses are compatible with a wide range of film production standards thanks to the versatile lens-to-camera communications including Cooke /i Technology™ and ZEISS eXtended Data™ (PL mount), as well as Canon EF mount communications. This will enable you to display or record lens metadata as well as utilize camera functions such as aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction and focus guide function with compatible cameras.
Cinema Style Operability
Both the CN-E14-35MM T1.7 L S / SP and CN-E31.5-95MM T1.7 L S / SP lenses share the same design with consistent front diameter, gear positions and gear rotation angles. Weighing under 8 pounds and measuring under 10 inches long, the lenses also feature focus, zoom, and iris rings with industry standard gears and 0.8mm pitch to suit many third party follow focus accessories. The lenses feature luminous (glow in the dark) metric and imperial markings for easy operation in low light. Built for longevity, the premium design and outstanding optics and components, offer quick and precise operation, with durability ideal for professional video productions.
User-Swappable Lens Relays
Both the CN-E14-35MM T1.7 L S / SP and CN-E31.5-95MM T1.7 L S / SP lenses have the ability to be converted from Super 35mm to Full Frame format with the additional purchase of a Full Frame relay unit. The relay units provide even more flexibility for users and rental houses. Once converted, the CN-E14-35MM T1.7 L S / SP and CN-E31.5-95MM T1.7 L S / SP lenses become CN-E20-50MM T2.4 L F / FP (with the RL-F1 relay) and CN-E45-135MM T2.4 L F / FP (with the RL-F2 relay) lenses, respectively.
CN-E14-35mm T1.7 L S / SP
CN-E31.5-95mm T1.7 L S / SP
|EF / PL
|Maximum Diameter Ratio
|Number of Iris Blades
|Focus Rotation Angle
|Minimum Shooting Distance
|EF: 9.5" (241.3mm)
PL: 9.2" (233.3mm)
|EF: 9.7" (246.4mm)
PL: 9.4" (238.4mm)
|7.7 lbs. (3.4 kg)
|7.8 lbs. (3.5 kg)
|Cooke/i Technology Communication
Questions & Answers
Canon CN-E 31.5-95mm PL T1.7
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.