The DEFY G5 is comprised of lightweight, hexagonal carbon fiber tubes and high quality aluminum components. Uniquely incorporating a limited number of easy to adjust thumb screws into its design in place of hex bolts, users can field assemble and balance without tools in just minutes. Filming with the DEFY G5 is equally easy, allowing nearly anyone with little to no training to use. The DEFY G5 is scalable, meaning it can quickly adapt to various cameras and lenses during a shoot due to the ease of its field balancing.
DEFY takes on the Baja 1000 from DEFY on Vimeo.
The DEFY G5 features a full 3-axis control, three modes of operation: Slow Pan, Fast Pan, and Accessory Control. Purchase includes the gimbal, two LIPO batteries for approximately four hours of collective operation, LIPO battery charging station, and a crushproof/waterproof PELICAN case.
G5 Loves a Sony FS700 from DEFY on Vimeo.
- Holds camera and lens combinations up to 5lbs
- 2 modes of operation: Straight Stabilize & Follow Me
- 3 Axis stabilization
- 2 Batteries with charging station (up to 4 hours of run time)
- Crushproof/Waterproof Pelican Case
- Integrated On/Off Switch
- Clean design eliminating clutter from wires
- Technical Support via phone / email
DEFY Gimbal Presentation at Lights, Camera, Action, Sony CineAlta and Vistek Event & Workshop, Toronto, Friday, December13, 2013 from Peter Mykusz on Vimeo.
How much weight can it hold?Specs:
Up to 6 pounds, combined Camera and Lens weight.
What cameras are supported?
Most camera / lens combinations 6 pounds or under. Most popular Camera’s used: Canon 1D, 1DC, 5D, 6D, 7D, 60D, Canon C100, C300, Black Magic CInema, Black Magic Pocket Cam, Nikon D800, Panasonic GH3, Sony Alpha 99
What Cameras are not supported:
The most typical cameras that are better suited for the upcoming G10 are: Canon C500, Sony FS100 and 700, RED w/ full accessories and other camera / lens combos over 6lbs.
Can it Pan and Tilt?
With the optional remote a second operator can control pan and tilt of the device or the thumb controlled joystick (throttle controller) for single operator pan/tilt.
How long do the batteries last?
Each battery will give the operator approx. 2 hours of run time depending on filming conditions. The kit comes with 2 batteries.
Can a monitor or wireless follow focus be attached?
Yes. A monitor can easily be attached to the handle mounts and be attached to the camera via thin HDMI cable (available on the accessories page). A follow focus can be mounted on the camera as long as it does not exceed the combined weight of 6lbs. Video tutorial and options will be coming soon.
- Height: 370mm
- Width: 264mm
- Depth: 250mm
- Weight: 3 lbs / 1.36 kg
Camera Dimension Supported (plus lens and accessories):
- Height: 150mm
- Width: 180mm
- Depth: 200mm
- Weight: 5 lbs / 2.26 kg
Operational Axis Offset:
- Yaw: 360 degrees continuous rotation
- Pitch: +/- 45 degrees
- Roll: +/- 70 degrees
- 6 points adjustment using just three thumbscrews
- Balancing can be achieved under 3 minutes
- Industry standard quick-release dovetail
Power and battery:
- Charged with supplied Lithium-polymer charger via 110V wall outlet
- Operational Time per Battery: 2 hours (2 batteries are supplied with kit)
- 3-Axis Controller Board
- 5 different operational modes on each axis (selection using 2 buttons)
- mini-USB connectivity
- Joystick for manual controller on Yaw and Pitch (sold separately, coming soon)
- Separate radio controller for second operator (sold separately, coming soon)
- Built-in 5V power supply for Paralinx Wireless Video Systems
- Silent Direct Brushless Motor Drive
- DSLR Camera Combination that weight less than 5 lbs or 2.26 kg
- Canon 1Dc, 5D, 7D, 60D, etc
- Nikon: D800, D600, etc
- This list will be updated daily as we are currently testing many body / lens combinations