- Toronto Available for Order
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
Rent this for: $40/day Learn More
The MKH 416 transformerless, RF condenser is designed as a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. Very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Ideal for boom, fishpole, and camera mounting.
Its excellent directivity and compact design, high consonant articulation and feedback rejection make the MKH 416 a superb all-around microphone for film, radio and television, especially for outside broadcast applications.
- Interference Tube Principle
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer's acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- The RF-design yields exceptionally low noise levels and is virtually immune to humidity and moisture.
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Matt black all-metal body
- Increased directivity
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions. Extremely stable.
- Visually "low key
• (MZW 415) Windshield
• 1 Year Warranty
|Transducer||Pressure Gradient/Interference Receiver Condenser|
|Frequency Response||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||117 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||81 dB|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||130 dB, (@ 1 kHz)|
|Power Requirements||Phantom Power 48v, (± 12v)|
|Output Impedance||Nominal Impedance: 25 Ohms
Minimum Terminating Impedance: 800 Ohms
|Output Connectors||XLR-3M Type|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||None|
|Applications||Film, Radio and Television, Especially for Outside Broadcast Applications|
|Dimensions||9.84 x .74 (250 x 19mm) LxDiameter|
|Weight||5.82 oz. (175 g)|
Questions & Answers
Sennheiser MKH416-P48 Professional Shotgun NG/EFP Phantom Power Only
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.