Out-performs the human eye!
After more than 30 years, Leica breaks its own record and introduces the world's highest-speed aspherical lens: the LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH. It is the successor to the famous LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/1 ASPH., which was added to the product range in 1975. Thanks to state-of-the-art optics and mechanical technologies, Leica has succeeded in achieving substantial improvements over the previous model. With nearly identical dimensions, a noticeable increase in lens speed has been achieved. The extremely shallow depth of field (DOF) at open aperture produces portraits and detailed studies of unequalled aesthetic effect. Even when just slightly stopped down, the result is outstanding image quality, comparable to the LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH, which is considered the best standard lens ever produced. When used in available light photography, the lens exceeds the perception of the human eye. Even the light from one candle can be sufficient for handheld photography. A "floating element" retains high image quality even in the close-up range. Vignetting and distortion have also been visibly improved compared to the 50mm f/1.
LEICA M8.2, ISO 320, f/0.95, 1/90 s
The LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH offers a unique performance spectrum:
- A noticeably higher lens speed has been achieved without any major alterations to the size of the lens.
- The characteristic rendering of the previous 50 mm f/1, valued by many users as a means of creative photography, has been retained at full aperture.
- Slightly stopped down, the lens performs comparably with the LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
- Thanks to a “floating element”, the superb performance is kept even at close focal distances.
- On top of this, the vignetting and distortion values have again been improved on the predecessor model.
- The use of regular polarizing filters (size E82) is possible thanks to a special filter adapter.
|Angle of View (diagonal, horizontal, vertical)||47° / 40° / 27°|
|Optical Design||Number of lenses/groups: 8 / 5
Focal length: 52.3 mm
Position of entrance pupil: 50.6 mm (related to the first lens surface in light direction)
Focusing range: 1 m to infinity
|Distance Setting||Scales: Combined meter/feet graduation
Smallest object field: 406 mm x 608 mm
Largest reproduction ratio: 1:17
|Aperture||Setting/Function: With click-stops, half values available
Lowest value: 16
|Bayonet||Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6 bit lens identification bar code for digital M models|
|Filter Mount||Screw-on filter E60 with accessory filter holder|
|Lens Hood||Yes, extendable|
|Dimensions & Weight||Length: approx. 75.1 mm
Largest diameter: approx. 73 mm
Weight: approx. 700 g
Questions & Answers
Leica 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Noctilux-M Black Lens (E60)
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.