- Available in Edmonton
- Call for Availability in Ottawa
- Available in Toronto
- Call for Availability in Calgary
- Available in Mississauga
- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa In Stock
- Mississauga In Stock
- Calgary In Stock
- Edmonton In Stock
Rent this for: $12/day Learn More
SB-700 AF Speedlight
Professional i-TTL Speedlight compatible with Nikon FX and DX format SLRs, and part of the Nikon Creative Lighting System. This powerful Speedlight offers photographers extensive creative opportunities for their flash photography. Three illumination patterns - Centre-weighted, Even and Standard - provide total control over flash coverage and it covers a class-leading auto zoom range of 17-200mm in just 1.2 seconds. Advanced features include a booster circuit that enables high-speed recycling using four AA-type batteries and a built-in thermal protection system to warn of excessive heat build up. The SB-700 can automatically detect the presence of a fluorescent or incandescent color filter and transmit this information to the attached camera’s white balance setting, and its firmware can be upgraded via the camera body.
- Portable, Versatile
- i-TTL Flash Control
- Flash Head Positioning
- Professional i-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX format SLR cameras.
- Compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
- Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns: Centre-weighted mode concentrates illumination to the centre of the frame, useful when using a telephoto lens. Even mode diffuses light evenly across the frame, useful when taking group shots. Standard mode offers a standard balance of power and light distribution.
- 17-200mm auto zoom range: covered in just 1.2 seconds. 14mm zoom range when using built-in diffuser or Speedlight dome.
- Automatic detection of sensor format: automatically recognizes FX or DX format cameras.
- High-speed recycling time of 2.2 seconds, using four AA-type batteries.
- Intuitive interface with large LCD screen and 3 all-purpose switches that can be individually configured.
- AF-Assist illumination: compatible with Multi-CAM3500 FX / DX AF sensors.
- Bounce capability: rotates horizontally 180º to right and left, tilts up to 90º and down to 11º.
- Thermal protection system: programmable to warn of excessive heat build up during high intensity firing.
- Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the attached camera’s white balance settings when a fluorescent or incandescent color filter is used.
- Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.
SW-14H Diffusion Dome
SZ-3TN Incandescent Filter
SZ-3FL Fluorescent Filter
SS-700 Soft Case
Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
|Guide number (20°C/68°F)||
28/92 (ISO 100, m/ft.), 39/128 (ISO 200, m/ft.)
|Illumination pattern||Three illumination patterns: standard, even and center-weighted
The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats
Effective flash output distance range (in i-TTL mode)
|0.6 m to 20 m (2 ft. to 66 ft.) (varies depending on camera image area setting, illumination pattern, ISO sensitivity, zoom head position and lens aperture in use)|
i-TTL, manual flash, distance-priority manual flash
Test firing, monitor pre-flashes, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, and modeling illumination
Multiple flash-unit photography operation
Advanced Wireless Lighting, SU-4 type wireless multiple flash-unit photography
All cameras compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System (other cameras can be used but functionality is reduced)
|Flash exposure control set on the camera||
Camera sync modes: slow sync, red-eye reduction slow-sync, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync, rear-curtain slow-sync
|Bounce capability||Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
|Four AA-type alkaline (1.5V), lithium (1.5V) or Ni-MH (1.2V) batteries|
|Fully recycled: lights up
Insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL or distance-priority manual flash mode): blinks
Approx. 1/1042 sec. at full output
Mounting foot lock lever
|Provides secure attachment of SB-700 to camera's accessory shoe using locking plate and locking pin to prevent unintentional detachment.|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||
Approx. 71 x 126 x 104.5 mm (2.8 x 5.0 x 4.1 in.)
|Weight (without batteries)||
Approx. 360 g (12.7 oz.)
Questions & Answers
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.