- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
Sekonic's new Litemaster Pro L-478D meter is the world's first touchscreen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both motion and still storytellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478D can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a colour, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
- Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478D Light Meter
- 2 x AAA Manganese Batteries
- Operating Manual and Data Transfer Software CD-ROM
- Soft Case
- Anti-Glare Film
- Start-Up Guide
- Limited Warranty
|Type||Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light|
|Receptor Head||Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading|
|Light Receiving Method||Incident light and reflected light|
|Receptor Incident Light||Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in down position)|
|Receptor Reflected Light||5° Viewfinder (Separate Accessory)|
|Light Receptor Element||2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)|
|Calibration Constant||Incident: Lumisphere C = 340, Flat C = 250
Reflected: K = 12.5
|MEASURING RANGE & MODES|
|Measuring Modes Ambient Light||- HD Cine - Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
- Cine - FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- Simple brightness measurement (foot-lambert, cd/m2
- Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle)
- Aperture priority metering
- EV metering
- Shutter priority metering
|Measuring Modes Flash||- Measurement using the included wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light||- Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
- Reflected light EV3 to EV 19.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash||- Incident Light f/1.0 to f/128.9
- Reflected Light f/2.8 to f/128.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range Illuminance||0.63 to 2000000lux - 0.10 to 180000FC|
|Measuring Range Brightness||1 to 980000 cd/m2 - 0.29 to 290000 foot lamberts|
|DISPLAY RANGE & MODES|
|Display Range Film Speed||ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient||30 min to 1/64,000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash||30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Aperture||f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)|
|Power Source||2x AAA dry cell batteries (alkaline, manganese, lithium, nickel hydride, or nickel-based)|
|Operating Temperature||14-122°F / -10-50°C (no condensation)|
|Storage Temperature||-4-140°F / -20-60°C (no condensation)|
|Dimensions||2.2 x 5.5 x 1" / 57 x 140 x 26 mm|
|Weight||4.6 oz / 130 g (without batteries)|
Questions & Answers
Sekonic L-478D Lite Master Pro
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.