- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Black Satin Filter
The Tiffen Black Satin Filter helps to reduce the overall contrast of an image and better control the highlights within a scene. In addition to rendering highlights with a grittier, more grainy appearance, this filter also helps to subtly soften facial blemishes and wrinkles for a natural, refined look. The 2 density provides more contrast and highlight reduction than the 1, but less than the 3, while still producing a soft, yet natural appearance. This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting to precision metal rings.
- Maintains clear focus and realizes a more filmic look than purely digital capture can otherwise record
- Ideally suited for use with modern lenses and digital image sensors
- Water White optical glass maintains high optical clarity
- Offers greater control over highlights, reduces overall contrast, and produces a grittier, grainier appearance in highlight regions
- Smoothes facial blemishes, wrinkles, and other textures for a natural look
Questions & Answers
Tiffen 4x565 Black Satin FX1/2
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.