Hi-Sync photography gets a radical boost.
Freeze action, overpower the sun, darken backgrounds, and use a wider aperture.
Elinchrom announces their new hi-speed super-fast Quadra HS flash head. When you add Elinchrom’s latest EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS, you can dial up insanely fast shutter speeds - up to 1/8000s. Go hi-sync with the ELB 400 and the Quadra HS flash head.
Dedicated to Hi-Sync photography
- Built to be as portable as possible and weighing only 0.28 kg (0.62 lbs.), this head not only packs well but it is mountable in situations that would be impossible for a full-sized flash head.
- The HS designation denotes the system’s optimized head for Hi-Sync photography such as high shutter speeds or overpowering the sun and limits the gradient effect to a maximum. It is ideal to use in conjunction with the new EL-Skyport transmitter Plus HS.
- The Quadra HS head also integrates a daylight balanced LED modelling lamp that produces the equivalent of 50W of tungsten light output.
- There exist many portable accessories dedicated to the the Quadra mount but Elinchrom also offers the Quadra reflector adapter for those who want full access to the complete range of Elinchrom accessories, including Rotalux, Litemotiv, etc.
- The head includes an interchangeable 2 m head cable, the Quadra reflector 13.5 cm with multifunction cap and a Quadra protective cap.
The HS flash head is designed to give you more light when using HS technology than the standard ELB 400 Pro head. When mated with the Skyport Plus HS transmitter, you can overpower the sun from 20-feet away in full daylight—all with only 424 Ws.
Read that last sentence again!
At normal sync speeds overpowering the sun with 1,200 Ws is barely possible from 20-feet away. With the new HS technology in the ELB 400 and Skyport Plus HS setup, you can now take smaller, lighter gear and over power the sun from unimaginable distances—all while stopping the action with a fast shutter speed. This is the “game changing” aspect of this new system I referenced above. This combo allows for unparalleled versatility with flash photography.
By far the best high shutter speed flash sync technology on the market
- and not just by a little.
Besides being able to overpower the sun from phenomenal distances (with only 424 Ws), Hi-Sync can be used for other creative effects including: freezing motion, darkening backgrounds using high shutter speeds, shooting at large apertures for shallow depth of field, having full control over shutter speed and aperture choice, and getting sharper images with high resolution images.
- The new flash head can be purchased either as a single item or in a set with the widely acclaimed ELB 400.
Quadra HS head 1x
Head cable 2.5 m 1x
Reflector 13.5 cm 1x
Multifunction cap 1x
Protective cap 1x
Quadra HS Head
|F-stop at Full Power||90.0 (at 1m, 100 ISO, reflector 48°)|
|Flash Duration||Port A - 100%: 1/55o
Port B - 33%: 1/1100
|User Replaceable Flashtube||Yes|
|Changeable Reflector||Yes, Quadra mount
Full range of Elinchrom accessories via the Quadra reflector adapter
|Modelling Lamp Wattage||Daylight LED: 50 W tungsten equivalent|
|Modelling Lamp On/Off Switch||On separately purchased pack|
|Dimensions (without folding stand mount or reflector)||8.0 x 7.5 cm (3.1 x 2.9”)|
|Weight||0.28 kg (0.62 lbs)|
Questions & Answers
Elinchrom Quadra HS Head
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.