- Available in Edmonton
- Available in Toronto
- Available in Ottawa
- Available in Mississauga
- Available in Calgary
- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa In Stock
- Mississauga In Stock
- Calgary In Stock
- Edmonton In Stock
Rent this for: $30/day Learn More
Light Dome II
The Ultimate Diffusion Accessory
Standard Cinematic Quality Lighting
The Light Dome II is Aputure’s flagship light shaping tool. An upgrade from the First Generation Light Dome, the Light Dome II features even higher quality diffusion fabric, a rapid build and breakdown system, an included honeycomb eggcrate, and several more new additions.
- Best for portraits, interviews, professional filmmaking and facial shots
- Full silver coating intensifies output strength for more control over light source
- Deep dome design(24” deep) ensures tighter, more focused beam
- Unique dual diffuser design ensures even distribution of the light across the entire field
- Large 34.8” outer diffuser increases size of beam which makes a softer and more flattering light
- Smooth round-shaped hexadecagon light output for beautiful catchlight
- Bundled with 2 different thickness of outer diffuser fabric to allow user control different softness (by 1.5 stop and 2.5 stop brightness)
- Re-designed 16 rods of wear-resistant hadfield steel construction for one-person fast setup
- Bundled with honeycomb grid add-on help control light spill spread by 40 degrees
- Bundled with a gel holder for filmmaker to design light colours
Advanced Diffusion Materials
The Light Dome II comes with two layers of ultra-soft diffusion: Magic Cloth and Silk Cloth. Combined, these materials turn your hard COB light into a beautiful soft light that provides a very even wrap around your subject, making the Light Dome II the perfect accessory for portraits, interviews, documentaries, music videos, and narratives.
The new versions of the Light Domes feature a new generation of the quick-release speed ring. You can now easily install and disassemble the dome in less than 1 minute. This new generation addresses the needs of creatives who are on fast-moving sets and need a diffusion solution that can be rapidly set up.
Gel Holder Support
Generation 2 of the Light Dome now includes a gel holder that is carefully placed to maximize the capabilities of your gels while minimizing the amount of material needed from them.
Perfectly Round Catchlight
The 35″ Light Dome II uses 16 rods which create 32 points of axis, allowing an exceptionally round beam of light that is almost a perfect circle. Combining this with the Aputure COB Series or other compatible Bowens mount fixtures, creatives are now able to get a precise circular round light that also functions as a catch light in the eyes of your on-camera talent.
High Quality Fabric Grid
The Light Dome II includes a studio grade fabric grid to help focus in your light beam angle to 40 degrees.
The new Light Dome II is designed to fit with all fixtures from the Light Storm COB family. It is also compatible with a wide variety of Bowens mount lighting systems, the most common mounts used in the world of photography.
What's IncludedLight Dome II (34.8")
Bowens Speed Ring
Gel Filter Holder
2x Front Diffusers
Light Dome II
|Softbox Unfolded||ø 890 x 65 mm (35 x 25.6")|
|Outside Diffuser||ø 885 mm (34.8")|
|Inside Diffuser||ø 235 mm (9.3")|
|Eggcrate||ø 885 mm (34.8")|
|Gel Holder||ø 185 x 65 mm (7.3 x 2.6")|
|Net Weight||2.55 kg (5.59 lbs)|
Questions & Answers
Aputure Light Dome II for Light Storm 90cm (35")
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.