- Available in Toronto
- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Coming Soon
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton On Transfer
The Smallest Member of the Rugged Family
With its iconic orange design and secure form factor, the Rugged has been one of our most popular hard drives. With the Rugged Mini, we've shrunk the Rugged, and added tons of new features, making it a solid investment for on-the-go data transport.
- Shock-, rain-, and pressure-resistant
- Password protection
- USB 3.0: up to 4x faster than USB 2.0
The LaCie Rugged Mini Hard Disk shares features with our popular Rugged Hard Disk, like shock resistance, drop resistance, and a rubber sleeve for added protection. But with the Rugged Mini, we've gone a step further: it's also rain-resistant, and pressure-resistant-you can drive over it with a 1-ton car, and it still works! Its small size makes it perfect to take with you wherever you go, and its Rugged exterior provides protection against accidental drops, shock, or pressure.
The Speed of USB 3.0
With the Rugged Mini, you've got the speed of USB 3.0, and full backward compatibility with USB 2.0, meaning that you can use it on almost any computer. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than 7 seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0.* Additionally, you can use the LaCie Mac® USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (up to a 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800).
The Rugged Mini doesn't just keep your data safe from external forces-it also protects against intrusion. With secure password protection software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go. You can even use access your password-protected files using any computer, ensuring complete data mobility-and complete data safety.
User-friendly Software Suite Included
- Automatic Backup - Easy setup and automatic worry-free backup for both PC and Mac computers.
- Password Protection - With LaCie Private-Public software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go.
- Secure Online Storage - 10GB of Wuala Online Storage included for one year to securely store and share your data online.
- 40% Energy Savings - Automatic Eco mode lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use, increasing the battery life of your notebook or laptop.
- LaCie Rugged 1TB Mini USB 3.0 Hard Disk
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible)
- Quick Install Guide
- Complete Software Suite: (Preloaded: Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco-Mode, Wuala Secure Online Storage)
- Limited Warranty
|Interface||USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0-compatible)|
|Rotational Speed (rpm)||5400rpm|
|Interface Transfer Rate||USB 3.0: up to 5Gb/s*
USB 2.0: up to 480Mb/s*
|Maximum Drop Height||1.2 m / 47.2 in. in non-operating mode (dropping is not recommended in operating mode)|
|System Requirements||Computer with a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port^
High-speed Internet for online storage Latest version of Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 / Mac OS® X 10.5, 10.6
Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
For USB 3.0 Mac compatibility:
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||89 x 139.5 x 25 mm / 3.5 x 5.5 x 0.98 in.|
|Weight||300g / 10.6 oz|
|Notes||*Transfer rates vary from one computer to another and may vary slightly from one drive to another.
**1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less).
***Capacity availability varies from region to region. Please visit www.lacie.com for up-to-date information.
^For optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port.
Questions & Answers
LaCie 1TB Rugged mini USB 3.0 5400 RPM sku #301558
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.