- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility. This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems. The AT4040’s low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Condenser Microphone
- AT8449 Shock Mount
- Microphone Dust Cover
- Protective Carrying Case
|ELEMENT||Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20-20,000 Hz|
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||-32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
|NOISE||12 dB SPL|
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||48V DC, 4.2 mA typical|
10 dB pad (nominal)
|WEIGHT||12.7 oz (360 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||6.69" (170.0 mm) long,
2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||R1|
Questions & Answers
Audio Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Mic
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.